Who are Eden Spiritual Care classes for?
Eden Spiritual Care believes in lifelong learning and spiritual growth for everyone.
Unless otherwise specified, each class is open to anyone ages 18 and up!
- People of any educational background
- People who have identified as Christ followers since their childhood, or have only recently begun identifying as Christ followers, or who have never or no longer identify as Christ followers but who are curious to learn more about the Bible, Jesus, and Christianity
- People who identify as conservative, liberal, complementarian, egalitarian, feminist, or fundamentalist, as well as people who dislike labels and/or are not sure what these labels mean
Can I sign up even if I don't identify as a Christian?
- Yes! Although the classes are taught from a Christian worldview, they're accessible for anyone who comes with a desire to learn. Classes are not structured with any agenda to convert participants to Christianity.
What if I'm not the "academic" type?
- That's okay! These classes are designed with your enrichment and growth in mind. No formal academic essays are required, and you'll receive customized feedback and a chance to process with the instructor rather than a grade.
- We just ask that you come with eagerness to learn, an open mind to consider new ideas and perspectives, and willingness to think and reflect with curiosity and depth.
My schedule is crazy. Can I squeeze in the class around my other commitments?
- These classes are pretty flexible, and you can do them anywhere you have a good internet connection, but here are some things you should know...
- Each class has a specific start and end date. Class material is not available before the start date, and will become unavailable after the end date. If the class dates don't work for you, let us know, and we'll notify you the next time we offer it.
- You can complete each week's reading and video viewing (if that is a part of the class) anytime within the week.
- Some classes involve online discussions where you post written responses. You'll always have at least a 48-hour window in which to post.
- Classes may involve realtime video-conferencing discussions with other learners. See the description of each class to find out when these sessions are scheduled for.